Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rethinking the Laundry Room


I've been perusing through magazines looking at laundry rooms. You know there are a lot of people of there whose laundry rooms are the size of my living room! I mean really, just how much time do you want to spend in there? I have a few ideas in mind for mine because it's time for a change. I don't know what I was thinking but obviously I wasn't using the inner brain power that I know I do possess. I hate having to remove wallpaper and every time that I have too, I swear I will never put it up again. Well duh....what was I thinking? I know it's only a border but did I have to go crazy and put it around the whole room. Sometimes I am just not very "SMRT"!


So I have an idea....first it's the wallpaper removal, paint, cull, and storage. It's a nice size for what you need to do in there. So I have the paint, I need the cupboards for above the washer and dryer. It's unfortunate that I don't have my nice front loaders anymore because they bit the dust a few years ago. Not made for high usage. Too bad, they were nice. So I will make do with the 'normal ones'. And please tell me "WHY" the dryer vent is half way up the wall? My first guess would be a man about 6 feet tall thought it would be a convenient place for it. How stupid it that? I think I should be able to move it down about 2 feet. Can't be rocket science.

Well this is the plan for the coming week. So it's Wednesday tomorrow and Trish and I will be dragging ourselves up the hill. I think we will add on a few kms, but I won't tell her till the way down! Have a great nite.

1 comment:

  1. I am thinking of painting also. I just so wish someone would come do it for me

    ReplyDelete