Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Recovering from the weekend

Well finally, at last, I am finished painting my bedroom furniture, albeit the bed frame, headboard and footboard.....that's another life. But I am verrrry happy with how it all turned out and Hubs is good with it all. But of course he is, when have I ever been wrong? Okay don't go there......any how here's a peek......

Before

After

Before

After
I cannot believe how many cans of spray paint primer and actual color I went through. Then of course there was a little episode with defective spray nozzles......sooooo need an electric sprayer! So after making a run to Home Depot and replacing the defects, back home and much to my disgust,  I had to sand down the dresser from the fiasco and re-do it. So finally by the afternoon I was so done with painting. Finished up the drawer knobs, added the cute little "fleur de lis decals" and "Bob's your uncle!" It's all in the details my friends.

This is the back of the cupboard door that I didn't have enough paint for so I decoupaged some antique advertising sheets on it with Mod Podge.
The mirror over the dresser is a new addition thanks to Winners. Love that store! Bargoon at half the price compared to the Depot. Well I think I have done myself in this summer with projects and renos. It's back to work next Tuesday and I am in need of a rest. But being the little Craftyrunner that I am, I have been eyeing up the kitchen dining set. Sicko!!!! But first there is a few "little" projects that need attention. Cleaning and purging to get ready for the neighborhood garage sale that Susan and I are going to do. I am pretty sure I will be able to find enough to make it worthwhile.
Trish and I are running 10km twice a week now and our third run day we try to push it over the ten. Wednesday are our pool days and maybe a spin class on Saturdays. As long as we don't over do it, hopefully we will stay healthy. Water, and proper food the day before has been our key and not going too fast. Well I am having issues with this blog so best sign off. Have a nice evening.

1 comment: