Friday, September 24, 2010

Pumpkins Galore!

I really wish that I liked Halloween but to tell you the truth I don't like the combination of orange and black, something very disturbing about it...eeek. But I do love pumpkins, all sorts of pumpkins, white pumpkins, green pumpkins, you name it I love 'em! I've been reading many blogs and the decorating ideas that are out there mostly with the imitation but some are the real McCoy. Pumpkins are just so homey and fallish......the real pumpkins aren't in the grocery stores yet, but with Christmas not far off, I am hoping that the plastic ones will start going on sale because NEXT year I have some sooo cute ideas that I want to do. I mean really what is so appealing about Halloween and ghosts, and witches. I think it's ugly and all those kids running around the streets. Like they need candy.....isn't there an obesity problem in our society, not to mention the safety issues of them darting back and forth across the streets. Weirdos putting drugs and dangerous objects in the packages. Sickos! Can you tell I wasn't big on Halloween when my kids were little. Spare me.....they never want to wear the cute costumes you want them to wear, more the ugly ghoulish bloody gore.....or Super heroes, what happened too cute! Even when I was a kid, I did not like having to dress up. Ok so I must be weird.....but I still like pumpkins, gourds and decorating for Autumn. And I love to cook anything that has pumpkin in it...Yum! I have a recipe for Pumpkin Biscotti. I will give it a try this weekend. Here is a darling pumpkin decor idea. I think this would look very special at the front door on top of the urn planter...yes indeedy!


Pumpkin Topiary
I had a few other ideas saved but something is up with blogger and is not allowing me to upload some of the photos. But there are some great ideas and as long as it involves pumpkins and pretty, I am on board. There are a few ideas with Candy Corn that are very cute but I could see the decorations disappearing before my eyes! Anyway all is well around here, back among the living after a bout with a Kleenex box, NyQuil and bottle of vitamin c. And since I like to share, the Hubs has it for the weekend. Trish and I will run tomorrow and hopefully the wind and rain will quit by morning, otherwise it's not going to happen. After all sugar melts, don't ya know! Have a good weekend. Happy crafting! And if you can, get out there and RUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment