Saturday, January 15, 2011

In Memory...........

Audrey Margaret Karpiak (Barnes) born November 5th, 1929 in Revelstoke, BC and passed away peacefully in Calgary, Alta. on January 9th, 2011.


 This past week my Aunt Tuffy passed away after a long and frustrating battle. Aunt Tuffy's real name was Audrey but for as long as I can remember she has been my "Aunt Tuffy". She will be sadly missed by her children Debbie, Tim,  Joe, and Dave. She was a tough cookie.....not really..... more of a Tom-boy, that's how she got her nickname.




She was my mom's only sister. My mom is older and she has not been able to communicate with her for a few years and that had made her very sad. My brother flew with her to Calgary for the service. Our daughter Kait flew from Kamloops from our family as I could not attend. By the sounds of my cousins last night everyone was in good spirits. When quality of life diminishes like my Aunt Tuffy's, I am thankful that life continues in heaven. My dad will be there to guide her through her days now.

So I was a little out of sorts this week, but talking with my cousins all week, we recounted many of our antics that my aunt, their mother used to get after us about. She was always quick to laugh at us, but when you have four kids no sense getting all bent out of shape. So the good times and the memories will be with us for a long time even thou Aunt Tuffy has moved on to walk among the angels.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment