Tuesday, March 8, 2011

International Women's Day

Hats off to all the creative women of my blogging world! It's been a long haul since the day we got the vote to be heard as force to be reckoned with. I am sure there are men out there who wish we were still in out kitchens, wearing aprons, and baking cookies, hey wait a minute, I love being there. But by my choice! I am actually, very much a homebody, it's just unfortunate we don't get paid a wage to be SAHM, we certainly are worth more than they could ever pay. I read somewhere that if a SAHM was paid the equivalent to her counterparts who go outside the home to work, our annual income would be well over a $100,000.00 a year. Without a doubt. I want a raise! Anyway, lets jump off the soap box and get back to the matters at hand. Running, and crafting..... neither of which is happening these days. Another balmy -20C morning but they say it's going to turn tomorrow. I 'll believe when I feel it. I am looking forward to walking out the doors not feeling like the Michelin Man. With thoughts of Spring...............................


If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome . Charlotte Bronte






Bicycling has done more to emancipate women than any one thing in the world. It gives her a feeling of self-reliance and independence the moment she takes her seat; and away she goes, the picture of untrammelled womanhood.


Salute to the Mothers of the World who work and sail the seas of life.

A woman is the epitome of tenderness, care, and wisdom. On this Women's Day, wish your women friends great happiness with these Women's Day quotes. Have a wonderful time with your gal pals, and enjoy the company of your women friends. And while you are at it, spare a thought for unfortunate women, who live in tyrannical societies. Have a great day my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment