Saturday, May 28, 2011

Full on day..................

OK.....I knew it was going to be a busy day but seriously I think I over did it and as of now, I am thoroughly "knackered". Trish and I had a really good run this morning...the weather was looking a little ominous but fortunately it did not rain, we tried a new route today and extended it by a few kms. There were a few hills that certainly make you glad you have trained on the retched "North Nechako" but an hour and a half and 15km, I think we did really well. Then.................it was the Red Shirt Walk in the Park, and the route is twice around the park for a total of 5km. It was pretty cloudy when the opening speeches started but just minutes before the walk started the clouds parted and the sun started to shine. I think it was a sign..................so the Hubs and I had a great walk and then chatted with a few of the others who took part, and enjoyed a much needed refreshment of food and water.....







It wasn't a huge turnout as it is only the second year....but according to the organizers it was 5 times bigger than last year so hopefully next year there are a few hundred more who come out and Support Our Troops.


This afternoon after we did a little drive through the park residential area and looked at an open house, we made a trip to the library for a few books. When I got home I was thinking I was about done for the day and then it was quite nice out so I started weed whacking and then...... one thing led to another......... and the front flower bed finally got "edged" and I planted a new "Barberry Bush"...........then proceeded to weed whack the backyard.....................well if it doesn't just go on and on and on.......................about 4:30 we made a quick trip to the grocery store cause I wasn't ruining the day now by eating crap food..........so we were back home by 5:15, and dinner was in the oven and veggies were a cooking. So can I say "DONE!" You betcha..... I am folding this teepee and finishing my tea and going horizontal...... cause I know there is "no rest for the wicked"....and it will be full on tomorrow with planting some "fleurs"..................night all......:*)

No comments:

Post a Comment