Sunday, May 29, 2011

Going with red and white........


I said I wasn't going to go crazy buying a whack of flowers this year cause I wasn't really into it, and since I will be away for a few weeks to Ireland this summer I didn't want to have too many pots for the Hubs to water....as it turns out, there are a few pots and the greenhouse is planted with tomatoes and cucumbers today.....then I have some dirt leftover so I may as well pick up a few more geranium's and add a few more....




Old Chowie..... sitting........contemplating life...................


So pretty much red and white with a splash of green
 Not too exciting but I'd like to keep it simple with not too much color going on. Last year I think I went wild with every color under the sun....so this year we'll see what red and white does for the decor. We have so much green around being on a greenbelt nature can just do her thing and I won't compete with it this year.

I'm thinking I should have picked up another one of these so I may go back just so the front is balanced...my luck there won't be any left!


This is a perennial ground cover that comes back ferociously every year, Snow in Summer
The lighting must be really off tonight cause the flowers look way nicer than the photos show, I' ll have to take a few more when they bush out.

So I got to sleep in this morning...what a treat.....after yesterday I thought I deserved a lay in. So I "puttered "around after coffee this morning, the Hubs went to the gym and a haircut...so I did the usual laundry, vacuuming, made cinnamon buns, and generally cleaned up the war zone.... where everything was just dropped and left all week. Geez I hate weeks like that.....I mean honestly how long does it take just to put things away after using them?? But I only have myself to blame cause it was all my "stuff." So that's it for another weekend, it went by way too fast but the good thing is only a month left till summer vacation! Have a good evening..................

No comments:

Post a Comment