Friday, May 27, 2011

T. G. I. F. ! !!! Yippeeee!

I'd like to know why short work weeks seem longer than a regular week? With last Monday being May Day you would think the week would just whiz by......but maybe it's just that I was busy doing so many things.....I am certainly glad it is Friday though. My plan was to have a relaxing weekend and do a little housework and baking but it's already filling up with a run planned for tomorrow and the Red Shirt Walk of Honour tomorrow also. I think by Saturday afternoon, I shall be horizontal on the couch........I've been trying to slow down my thought process all week so I started re-reading the book  "Simple Abundance, A Daybook of Comfort and Joy" by Sarah Ban Breathnach......in reading the section on May it is all about your home and reveling in its comforts and enjoying what you have and decluttering the un-important.

My favourite thing to do on the weekends is to "putter". Puttering is really a time to be alone, to dream, and to get in touch with yourself....... To putter is to discover". Well I couldn't agress more. This is when I come up with new crafts or plan projects through or just plan go from room to room, putting things right. This helps us to become aware of what's still important to us, what continues to have meaning. This quiet, private act can bring the different aspects of your llife into sharp focus and identify your needs. So, that is what I would like to do this weekend. Althou....................the grass needs mowing.....................planting....................the flower beds need to be edged................the greenhouse needs to be cleaned and plants need to be bought......is the weekend over yet? I'm already tired.....and to think it was going to be a quiet weekend! Who am I kidding.......maybe it will rain....then I will get to stay indoors.....I sure hope not. Have a great weekend, whatever you have planned and make it your first priority to find a gift of grace in being able to take the chaos from within and from it create some semblance of order...............



"We shape our dwellings, and afterwards our dwellings shape us"
WINSTON CHURCHILL

No comments:

Post a Comment