Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A few things I've been doing..............

I thought I was done with making aprons but they are just so darn cute, I couldn't resist making a half apron from leftover drop cloth fabric. I think I got a little carried away with the gathers, because it kind of looks like a skirt! Put on a pair of heels and you're all set! I still want to put a few flowers on it, cause I'm sure it's calling for it. I made my cousin a really cute purple polka dot and floral apron and sent it to her today......and darn if I didn't forget to take a picture of it. So you will just have to take my word on it. I tried a few times to take it with one of my cameras but for some unknown reason I was having problems downloading the photos from the camera to the computer.  Today I was thinking I was over sewing but I had some time to spare, so I visited our one and only fabric store and well...............I couldn't help myself, I grab some of the clearance fabric, enough to make a couple of aprons. But for now I will put it away. A little gardening this afternoon, a run this morning, feels like nap time. Wish I was a napper, haven't been sleeping well at night......guess my brain is too busy.


Drop Cloth Half Apron(back)


Front of Apron missing the flowers
or some sort of embellishment


These are the fabrics I made my cousins aprons from complete
with ruffles and a hot pad.


Quickie Crocheted Cowl


Very large crocheted cowl/shawl
When I'm on a roll you don't want to get in the way. You could get crocheted or sewed into something. My son has gone back to base so it's pretty quiet again around here but Kait will be home after the weekend for a few days. Himself thought we should get a dog to liven up the place! I think not.......we already have Diabetic Cat to tie us down now......and honestly...... I don't need another job. Now where did I put that wool.....................see ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment