Sunday, August 14, 2011

Soggy Sunday

Yes, it is raining once again. Well if that week was summer, it's over. I'm with Liz over a Savvy Seasons getting ready for Fall, I think I am going to start capturing the moment too. Trish and I ran this morning between showers and we accomplished a remarkable 14km. We really think running a few back to back days has done our running wonders. So we plan to keep this up till October and the half marathon. Although I don't think she is going to go........ Vegas is calling her name!

But that's okay, she will keep me company training in the meantime. So I will miss a few days this week but next Sunday, we are going for 16km. Hydrate, hydrate all this week. What a difference it makes. Yikes! Who woulda thunk!

Doing a little baking for Himself today and I have to quickly head out here to pick up a few things for lunches. I have been making a list of some of the stores I need to hit at the coast including Fabricland and Creekside Home Decor, Home Sense/Winners, etc. It will be my only excursion south this year so I might as well make the best of it!

I took a few shots of my favourite flowering bushes that happened to look very pretty the other day. Well, the Cinnamon buns are in the oven, and smelling sooooo delish!





I just finished reading "The Help" what an awesome book, can't wait to see the movie. Since I am not from the Southern States and have never known this lifestyle, I find it too big of a subject to comment on it, other than it will make you cry, it will make you laugh, and it will give you a whole new respect for the lives which the black women of the south had to endure. I thoroughly enjoyed it and wouldn't have minded if there were more pages. Oh my goodness the sun has come out. Gotta run......have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment