Sunday, September 11, 2011

What a world we live in.............

Today was the 10th anniversary of the terror attack on the United States. That event claimed so many lives and effected so many people around the world. But......Today was also a very happy day for a family in British Columbia that had their 3 year old boy returned to them after being abducted out of his own bed. At times it is a sad, sad world we live in..........................but we have to remember that the few who want to tear peoples lives apart, there are people who build us up and make our lives more full filling just because of their kindness, generosity and friendship. I've met many people over the years and I am happy to say for the most part..... I have been fortunate to have these people  pass through my life. My heart goes out to the families of the 911 victims and hope you never have to experience such pain and loss again in your lives. And to the Hiebert Family, may you find peace and solice in having your son safely back in your arms.


So I survived the first week back at work and couldn't believe how out of whack I felt on Saturday morning. Not sure why....... maybe it was just a bug going around but there were a few people I know weren't quite feeling up to snuff. After spending half the day in bed,  I finally got my act together and spent the rest of the day on the couch. Yup........sure was productive........ only thing accomplished was a new design for a hat! So I am making a few before I forget how to do the pattern. The Hubs and I went grocery shopping today and I hope I don't need to go again for a week. It's nice when he comes...... then I don't have to pack it all myself, the rest of the day was spent puttering. Trish and Joanne and I did get in a run this morning, not a great one, 10km, but none of us really felt that great. Lets hope for a better one tomorrow. Have a good night .....time to fold my teepee.

No comments:

Post a Comment