Sunday, January 8, 2012

Back to the Empty Nest

Well all the birds have flown the coop and it's back to normal. The Hubs and I spent half the day yesterday in Vancouver, got most of the things I was looking for, but of course you always forget a few things. Oh well next time! I was very disappointed in Winners/Home Sense but I guess they are busy cleaning up after the Christmas season and restocking the store, I probably could have shopped around and found a few more things but....... well..............."Shopping with your husband is like going hunting with a game warden!" Seriously! He was good....... don't get me wrong, it's just not the same when you can just peruse at your leisure........next time! And I never did find Michael's......that will be on my next list as well.
Our son has gone back to Base and I imagine he is in seventh heaven being back with all his buds. It was great to have him home but way too long to sit idle. Any way.......it still chokes me up when he leaves....must be that mother/son thing. My girls, I hear from daily, and well.......they are just girls and it's different. So it was back to normal today, getting the house cleaned, catching up on laundry, crocheting slippers, tomorrow I am going to tackle the garage again. Yikes! That's a scary thought!

Special Moments
Make a memory with your children,
Spend some time to show you care;
Toys and trinkets can't replace those
Precious moments that you share.


No comments:

Post a Comment