Saturday, October 13, 2012

Survival of the fittist.....

Wow, you can say that again! I made it through two weeks of working full-time! It's not happening again for a while! Hokey Doodle! I'm too old for this! Then to top it off, the powers that be thought it was a great time to open the skies and let loose! And rain it did! I thought about building an ARK! So now for a few days off, and hopefully re-coop my sanity, or what's left of it.

Tomorrow we are running a 5km race for the chiropractic clinic, by donation, so Sue has informed me she wants to do it in under 26 minutes. Well who am I to burst her "bubble"......not that I wish to injure myself for 5km but I like to keep her company.

I have a project in mind for the next few days, and after some hunting around I found two wooden shutters that I intend to make into a bar table for our kitchen. I have two really nice bar chairs in brown leather and I want to use them in the kitchen instead of the big round table that we have in there now. Of course I found this idea on Pinterest, what a surprise there!!!! I was looking at Ana White's plans, goodness knows she has a bazillion to choose from, but you know how it is when you get something in your head. So I hope this idea works with a few adjustments. I'm pretty sure its what I want.
I have a vision!


From Missy at
"So You Think You're Crafty"
Now by the looks of Missy's island, it not very long. I would like mine to be at least 40 inches long and 18 inches wide. A butcher block top and there will have to be a bar in the center for a brace.....so I may have to enlist my friend Susan from back home and see what she thinks.  I like the idea of the tea towel hanger but don't need that, and the shelf isn't necessary..........I just like the rustic look of it and it will kind of match my cupboards. I found a guy that has some shutters, so I will get the hubs to run me over there and then chop, chop, saw, saw, hammer, hammer, a little paint and Bob's your "Uncle"! Ya right!!! When does anything go that smoothly! But here's hoping. Gotta have "faith"! Well I am off to bed cause I am totally and utterly worn out. Talk at you later! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment