Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year! Welcome 2013!

Wow 2013! Who would have thought! It seems to me like an odd number, why didn't we skip the 13 like they do in hotels and tall buildings......hmmmm.......just a thought.........Given it's a time for making resolutions and empty promises, I thought I would add just one more. I have run three times in the last 4 days and may go out today with the group, just because it is a glorious day and I want to enjoy my New Year's dinner! Always a catch I tell you! I run...... so I can eat!

I am going to make a conscious effort to be a better list maker this year. I know I've said this many times but I have so many projects (thanks to Pinterest, and friends) that if I don't make a list all these wonderful ideas they will go the way of the doe-doe-bird! How do you spell doe-doe bird?

I started the de-decorating yesterday, except for the trees, they will come later this week. Its already starting to feel more spacious! Love the Christmassy decor but also love the cleanliness after January.......

Today is a very frosty morning, a chilly start to the year and that makes for sunny skies instead of dull and gray........see me smiling?  Its back to work tomorrow for a day and then over to the city Thursday to drop off my son so that he can head home. He is well rested and time to get back to work.

I'm finishing up a couple of quick and easy projects, loving these crocheted headbands, great idea for using up leftover balls of yarn. Along with boot cuffs, I am replenishing my supply of goods. I haven't been down to the store but the last time I peaked in the window, I noticed there isn't that much left. So that's exciting!

Funky Chunky Headband

Love these handmade buttons!
 
Fun Neon Art! Don't you just
love special effects!

 
I like the idea of a platform bed, and the girls over at Shanty2Chic made this bed for about $30.00, so I should be able to make it for close to the same. I think it would be great for my spare room, althou I don't know that I could push it around as easily but minor detail.

Well time to get this day started.......and move my toosh off the chair and make busy! Have a wonderful New Years and all the best to you in 2013! Have you got your lists started? Coupons clipped for Michaels? Pitter Patter! See you soon!


Cute Winter Wreath

No comments:

Post a Comment