Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Lot of This and That

Well I am back in the swing of things this past week, doing a hundred things and only some of the things that I want to do! My attention deficit was flow blown and I was running in all different directions, doing some crocheting and getting a few more coffee cozies finished, and a pair of boot cuffs, then I found a easy peasy pattern for bracelets, that are very cool. And a very good use of that left over yarn that you hate to through out. Yikes! Who would do that!

I've ran a half marathon in two days, and started the body sculpt program, which I think is going to be a good one, it has a little strength training, yoga, Pilate's, and stretching, and being a runner, being flexible is very hard. But I am sure this will be good for us.

My crock pot (slow cooker) has been busy making soups! I love soups, meals in a bowl.

I made a pea soup last week, and this week it was a Curried Vegetable Lentil-Chick Pea Soup. Quite the combination but its healthy and delish! I love using my slow cooker because it frees up time to do other things instead of being in the kitchen all day making dinner. Between the slow cooker and the bread  machine, I am complete!

Blue Jay enjoying a tasty treat

One of the 10 bracelets I made, a simple chain, and
a button, pattern found on Ravelry, and adapted to
some of the clay buttons I made.
 
 
Its very hard to take pictures of your own arm, so I gave up with the other ones. I need find an arm mannequin! Must visit Tracy......

At Christmas one of my girls gave me a Runners desk calendar with tips each day.....here are just a few.......

1. "Life is often compared to a marathon, but I think it is more like being a sprinter: long stretches of hard work punctuated by brief moments in which we are given the opportunity to perform our best." -Michael Johnson, American sprinter and Olympic gold medal winner

2. Packed with protein and a wide variety of vitamins and minerals, lentils are a nutritional gold mine. they possess a strong ability to neutralize free radicals, thanks to their high concentration of phenols. These compounds may help improve muscle recovery and play a role in reducing a risk of chronic diseases. Lentils are also high in soluble fiber, which can lower cholesterol and blood sugar..

3. "Running is a lot like life. Only 10 percent of it is exciting, 90 percent of it is a slog and drudge." -David Bedford, An English distance runner who sometimes ran 200 miles a week in training.

Well time to get a move on, many things to do today, because this work week is going to be a little different as we have a project going on and Tracy and I are splitting Wednesday and Thursday this week. I hope you have an excellent day and the sun is shining wherever you are.......ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment