Monday, April 29, 2013

A fantastic find last week....................

when I went with my mom to the nursery by her house.........cement planters and pots are sooooo ridiculously expensive......and I am not made out of money.....so when I found this beauty I snapped it up faster than you can say Jiminy Cricket! It was in need of a little repair but pfffffff not a problem when I'm getting a deal! I didn't really know what I would put in it but that's not a problem when you can grow just about everything here.


So as you can see it had seen better days. The paint was chipping off and it looked just tired and worn out..........


If you have ever gone to buy cement planters you know they can be expensive.....this wasn't tooo, tooo bad even at $79.99 half price was even better!

So with a little help from a can of STIX...........


The hubs says "why don't you do that in your studio instead of in the front hall"...........well cause this baby is a wee bit heavy......and well I wanted to be with him in the house.........So I gave it a quick sanding to loosen the paint, and gave it a good wiping down.......then two coats of STIX primer to seal it...........and then ta-----dah!


 
 
A few coats of  "Country Sun" in BEN exterior soft gloss.......its beautiful and cheerful! During our walk yesterday one of the girls had seen this black grassy looking plant.....so I went looking for Black Mondo Grass.......otherwise known as OPHIOPOGON ARABISCUS, can be grown as a groundcover. Small pink flowers prefers part sun to shade, and only grows to a 10" height. Perfect choice for this planter! Thanks for the tip Ingrid, it will look lovely! Also thanks to our friend Lee from Scotland. The yard is getting a few new plantings! Well I need too get this show on the road, three days off and many things to accomplish while the weather is good! Sunny skies this week! Whoop! Whoop! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment