Monday, April 22, 2013

You call this retirement?

I don't think so! I'm busier now than I ever was working 5 days a week. I am on a week off right now, with the switch with Tracy last week, and I was actually clicking my heels last Wednesday night.....its been a long haul getting the store up and running but I am happy to say its all done and it looks fantastic!

We had a visit from oldest daughter and "boyfriend" last week and wouldn't you just know it, it rained for the 2 and a half days they were here, and the day they left the sun came out.....well that's what its like around here.....today was gorgeous but there was a slight chill with the breeze. The girls and I went for a hike that we have been threatening to do for a while. And what a hike it was to the top of Mt. Daniel......not a long hike it took about 40 minutes to get to the top and only half an hour to come down. But what a glorious day it was! The view was well worth the heavy breathing and the quad workout! When you see the photos you will definitely agree!

 
 
 
 
 
Pender Harbour
 
 
Madiera Park
 
 
 
 
A few wild flowers
 
 
 
 
And back down the road to the car. It was a awesome climb, similar to the Grouse Grind in Vancouver but not quite as long. So our next adventure is taking us to the Grind, maybe with a few training trips up Soames Hill to get our legs in shape.....well it was a good morning with the girls.....then it was on with our day, I finally got to mow the pasture, I mean the lawn. Boy if I could bale it, I could make a lot of money!

I hope you have had a good week, and you've gotten into some exciting projects. Me not so much! But I do have lots of ideas percolating! Now I just need to find the time to do them......I hope everyone is well and recovering from the shocking news of last week from Boston. Now if we could only find someway for everyone to live in harmony........good night............

No comments:

Post a Comment