Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

Not much of a Father's Day for the Hubs this year when he spends the whole day at work.....but that's the way it is this time around. The kids all phoned home but no dad to be had......so finally they get a hold of me "Where's Dad?" At work....... not much new there! But being the good wifey that I am, I made sure he had a supper to come home too, sorry no dessert!

I spent the day catching up on the weeks chores. Boring housework..... when I would much rather being doing some cement work. No luck getting the Quickrete when I went to the city, I will make do with the mixture they have here. It has turned out quite fine, so I will go with it. My next project is to get the birdbath built, while the others cure before I can paint them.

Today I got a hold of some really nice Gunnera leaves. Hokey Doodle do they grow into monstrosities! Some are 5 to 6 feet in diameter!!!!!! Could you imagine the weight of those babies!

This is a small leaf only 3 feet wide,
or thereabouts...

This rhubarb leaf, I made years ago
and I am happy that it has stood
 the test of time

This is a cement ball, decorated with
glass beads

These half balls on a pedestal,
resemble a mushroom

The ones I have completed, now
they are curing, then to paint them

Gunnera leaves! I was in heaven to
get a few of these leaves!
Now I am hoping for some good weather! Cross your fingers for our weather this week.

Our stores "Grand Opening" was very successful, lots of business and very tired at the end of the day! Tracy and I were running, so I am sure she was as grateful for a day off as I was today! Did a short run this morning and despite being dehydrated for the most part yesterday, the run wasn't a total waste. Hopefully Tuesday, I will be in better shape. Well time for bed, to rest my head......hope you all had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment