Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Yikes! Summer is ending!

I guess the end of August is always a sign that summer is ending, with back to school, the temperature dropping, leaves changing........oh dear...........now I love fall, jeans, boots, sweaters......pumpkins, all the great foods of fall........but I think I could live in the summer season 9 months of the year. Our garden is just about done for the year, although the tomatoes are just starting to ripen nicely, cucumbers are abundant, spaghetti squash are getting too heavy for the vines.......but these beauties are totally amazing! I don't think I have ever grown sunflowers twelve feet high or the heads that are over twelve inches in diameter! Holy guacamole! These are stupendous! The photos don't do them justice.

 
 

This last photo was taken a few weeks ago but you can tell how tall they are. The heads have grown so heavy now they are bending over.

 
 
 
 


I finished up the these leaves, and still have half a dozen waiting inspiration for color. My girlfriend just told me about a fall fair so I think I need to get a move on and spend some time in the studio.

So one week till San Francisco with my girls, I sure hope the fire in Yosemite Park is under control before then. Its so scary when a forest fire rages so close to a city not to mention destroying one of America's most beautiful parks. So sad.

Well my friends, I hope you are enjoying these last few weeks of summer and you're looking ahead to Autumn and all its joys! Mmmmmmm...... pumpkin muffins, pumpkin squares, pumpkin lattes! Yum, yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment