Tuesday, April 29, 2014

April Showers, the least of our worries

April was an especially wet month, and cool, but I guess when you see what is happening in the southern states, rain is the least of our worries. It certainly greens things up! My aunt lives in Arkansas but she is in Hot Springs and the tornadoes, wind and rain don't seem to hit them but I have a friend in Huntsville, and she is terrified and rightly so, it must be horrific to live through those storms every year!

We haven't had very many sunny days and so much knitting has been started. I'm probably a little over my head in the sweater I am making,  it's only in my brain. But with help I'm sure I will be able to pull it off. Claudia, another blogger and wonderful knitter has a few great tips on making your own knitted outfits, so I am trying to follow her great examples.

I've been getting together a whack of flowering bushes and perennial flowers that the deer won't make a smorgasbord out of. It was warm enough today to get my herbs into some pots and re-spray some wrought iron hangers shiny black.

I've always wanted to have lime green potato vines in a planter so this year is the year! What else I don't know, but more than likely yellow and purple will be in there somewhere.
I use a lot of cilantro so I hope these will take off like wild fire! And it can't hurt to have a little parsley.......
Mint, spearmint and lemon thyme......they smell heavenly!


The red leaf lettuce looks a little sad but it looks better than when I first put it in the pot. Now if I can just keep the slugs away! Yuck! Maybe I should hang it........
I haven't decided where this bunch of lettuce will go but I think I need another trip to Costco for pots! My next project is to plant up a row boat that I have positioned in the front yard. I wanted the hubs to dig out a dry river bed for me.........mmmmm.... what do you think his reply was? Guess I will have to work on that one for next year!
Life wouldn't be complete without a cloud formation in the evening sky. Clouds are amazing!
The soap is still in production, and I am trying to get a few batches ahead, color is always an issue and quite frustrating when I can't get the colors I'm looking for.........oh well that's another story for another time. Lets say a pray for the people down south and hope there aren't in the path of a storm.
Take care and I hope you're doing what you love, and love what you're doing.......ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment