Friday, June 20, 2014

Taking a break........

Because I have so many things going on and probably you don't need to hear about all of it, and I wouldn't want you to get bored.......between working all last week, fracturing my right (left one was last summer %^$$%^%#)I know STUPID.......any whooooo, I have been painting and doing a few projects.

Our middle child has moved to the coast, so for now we are no longer empty nesters, we are a three people, three feline household......the Hubs doesn't know if the house is big enough, well dear, we did have 5 people, 3 cats and 2 dogs in a much smaller space at one time, so I think we can manage! Geez Louise!

I've bought material that I have intended to make a pillow with doing a quilt version for assembling the pieces, another thing that got put on the back burner.....new yarn for a shawl, and sweater......, a few canvases with some art ideas brewing in my brain.....books that are calling my name, and now that I won't be running for 8 weeks I will be able to catch up on my sit-down projects.

I had seen these giant dragonflies on Pinterest, so my co-worker Jason and I built a few, mine I wanted for the front yard to hang on the fence.

Giant Purple Dragonfly
I have another one in the works and hope to have it airborne this weekend. My brain works too much, and being a one legged hop-a-long right now is not helping the cause!!!

I'm reading the best book right now by Janie Chang, Three Souls......


its one of those books you don't want to put it down or to end, but I'm almost there so I can move on to my next one The Fire Witness by Lars Kepler....



I've been reading out of my "norm" lately and I have to say there are a lot of really great writers out there......its good to explore new avenues some times.

So funny the other day a customer came into the store who used to be an art teacher so of course I struck up many topics about art and composition etc, etc, and now that he is retired he is starting to dabble in hobbies that he didn't have time for before......and he is into photography and excited about his new find a Canon AE that he picked up for a song with all the lenses......he told me I should give it a try, nope been there done that......I'm loving the automatic digital cameras, less strain on my brain and then there is Lightroom and Photoshop, well the possibilities are endless for great photos with the click of a mouse....... I know "real" photographers are cringing but you can't tell me they aren't loving new technology!

Anyway, painting is my thing right now, that is an adventure into my quirky brain indeed, indeed!

Well that's it, that's' all for now......so if you don't see me around again for a few weeks, no worries I'm out there re-inventing myself! Ciao for now, have a fantastic weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment